Current time: 04-24-2018, 07:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So What Can RSS Do For ME?
12-27-2017, 08:05 PM
Big Grin So What Can RSS Do For ME?
You have probably heard of some thing called RSS if you've used the net lately. am sure that you've wondered what this RSS stuff is focused on if you're anything like me. I'm likely to try and answer that question along with explain a little bit about how RSS could be useful.

For the purpose of this report RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. I began my RSS study by finding out about the term RSS going to wikipedia.org and simply.

The info in the article I found, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_%28file_format%29), is beneficial, but if you're like me you dont want to learn an enormous document to know what something like RSS is all about. You'll need a simple, concise description and a number of instance of what RSS may mean in your lifetime.

Therefore, allow me to break the subject down in a way that we could all understand.

I've been using RSS for about a year. I found an use for RSS immediately after I started using Firefox, which is a browser alternative for Ie. (If you wish to learn more about Firefox, visit
Another neat thing about Firefox is that you can read RSS records without the need for any other application. The feed will appear such as for instance a directory with a number of links which can be the articles in the RSS Feed you subscribed to.

But, to get a few of the more advanced supply reading features you may get an RSS reader. Firefox contains an RSS reader extension as you are able to install called Sage. You can get it at
http://www.google.com/reader/things/intro. I favor the browser program and havent used these on-line readers. You will to try out both forms of RSS readers slightly and see which is most effective for you.

If you arent applying Firefox and you still need to subscribe to a feed the hyperlink will be a small orange button that says RSS or XML. These typical designs are usually used to make the RSS Feeds simpler to find.

RSS feeds will also be useful for Podcasts and Videocasts. A Podcast and/or Videocast is an web radio/TV program which can be listened to o-n an i-pod or other MP3 device. You subscribe to the RSS feed using iTunes and it will automatically obtain the audio file and set it on your iPod (or another type of MP3 player). If you dont have an iPod you may still use these feeds with other audio programs like http://www.cwahd.com/podcasts.html. This index is saturated in Christian Podcasts.

I've a Video i-pod and I like to watch Videocasts when I have some free time. Visiting tyler collins seo update likely provides aids you can use with your aunt. I've even gone as far as rising my i-pod in my car so I can listen to audio podcasts on your way to work.

I am hoping that you have had the oppertunity to get at least a bit of information about what RSS is and what it might do for you. I'm really worked up about RSS and have started a venture to have CWAHM.com and CWAHD.com redesigned to include RSS for all of the articles included o-n both sites. I believe that RSS will change the way that you search the net in the near future. It is a quick way to obtain a lot of information from the web in a simple, easy to read format..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply